Emil Lundberg wrote:
>> I am not able to reproduce the error. Unfortunately there is a glitch
>> in
>> the error handling which causes a second error to hide the original
>> one.
>>    If you turn on debugging there might be some more information
>> displayed. You turn on debugging by editing the
>> /www/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties file.
>>
>> In the "Base 2 CORE loggers" section change the line:
>>    log4j.logger.net.sf.basedb.core=warn
>>
>> to:
>>    log4j.logger.net.sf.basedb.core=debug
>>
>> and run the initdb.sh script again.
>>
>> /Nicklas
>
> OK, here are the last lines of the debug output. Let me know if you
> want more (full log is 200K+)!

The output is enough, but unfortunately it doesn't help me to find the
original exception. However I can verify that the database has been
created successfully and now only needs to be populated with some
default items. For example the root user.

A possibility is that you continue as if the installation has succeded.
Install Tomcat and the BASE jsp pages. Then browse to the start page. I
think that the same error that causes the installation to fail will be
displayed.

/Nicklas