I also have similar problems.
Some of my gpr files have different numbers than 635 and 532 as supplied in
the "GenePix raw data import (cy5/cy3)" config shipped with base2.

So in the base2 config the column mapping is
\F635 Median\
But my column is named F633 Median how will that be using wildcards?

I have tried
\F635 Median\ not working
\F633 Median\ working but not for 635
\F6.. Median\ not working
"F6.. Median" not working
"F633 Median" not working but giving a funny error message: Error: For input
string: ""F633 MEdian"" on line..., (The E's in the input has been
uppercased!)

Using wildcard (.) in the header worked well.
Then after reading the text in the GUI I am not 100% sure that the column
mappings use regular expressions. I hope it does.

Vegard.