Hi Gary,

BaseX provides the full XQuery 3.0 regular expression syntax [1,2];
maybe it already contains the features you need for your queries? If
not, could you give us a hint which ones you are missing?

While we could add an additional flag to the regex evaluator in BaseX,
we are generally hesitant to do so, because it would be yet another
vendor (i.e., Saxon and BaseX)-specific extension.

Best,
Christian

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath-functions-30/#regex-syntax
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#regexs