Hello Jens and Arve

Thank you for your suggestions.

Trying things out, I found that when I use the basexclient to CREATE
DATABASE, and then ADD a docx, it is automatically unzipped.

I then tried the webdav interface.  I used BitKinex to copy a docx
into the same database. It didn't get unzipped that way.  Is there a
reason for that, and a way to change that behaviour?

thanks .. Jason