On 11/17/2014 02:55 PM, Paul Swennenhuis wrote:
Hi Ioan,

I'd use a GUID-generation algorithm, with a near to 100% certainty of generating unique id's.
Or do you need a sequential order?

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the prompt response. For my case is neither a requirement to be sequentially. I would be glad to hear opinions also about the performance differences between the two options, which is faster.

In BaseX exist random:uuid() function. Do you use it, or another way to generate GUID? Is there any way to generate such unique identifiers automatically when inserting a new record?

How do you solved, by using a such method, or by storing ID thus generated in an attribute within each record, manual added, as in the example?

Thank you,
Ioan