Hi Ioan,

> In BaseX exist random:uuid() function. Do you use it, or another way to
> generate GUID?

In our own use case, we sometimes use UUIDs and sometimes create our own IDs.

If you don't need an easily readable ID, and none that is incremental,
I would recommend the use of random:uuid() because it's the easiest
solution.

> Is there any way to generate such unique identifiers
> automatically when inserting a new record?

What do you call a "record" in your terminology?

By looking at your example, you could e.g. add a UUID as follows
before storing it the XML fragment in the database:

  <product id="{ random:uuid() } " ...

Hope this helps,