Hi,

I ran into a peculiar issue with importing an XML file from DrugBank into
BaseX. It involves the file header, which looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<drugbank xmlns="http://www.drugbank.ca";
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.drugbank.ca
http://www.drugbank.ca/docs/drugbank.xsd"; version="5.0"
exported-on="2017-08-31">

The XML file (which is quite large ~3GB) loads in cleanly but queries executed
against it produce no output (no errors reported).

When I change the header to the following and re-import the file everything
works fine:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<drugbank>

I had this issue for a while (go thought this every month) so thought it might
be good to share. I am currently using BaseX 8.6.4.

Any idea why this is happening? Attached is the console trace for both cases
(they show subtle differences in the query plans).

Thanks,
Ron

Ron Katriel, Ph.D. | Principal Data Scientist | Medidata Solutions
350 Hudson Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10014
rkatr...@mdsol.com | direct: +1 201 337 3622 | mobile: +1 201 675 5598 | main:
+1 212 918 1800