Hi Graydon,

> the config switch is "ARCHIVENAME = true"

Exactly, that’s the option you’ll need to enable to get the archive
names included in your database paths. It can also be passed on to
XQuery functions (db:create, db:add, etc.).

> This gets me the behaviour I was expecting would happen, but I'm still
> curious if there's a way to get the archive name back in the default case,
> because it does look like BaseX is in no way confused about which of those
> identically named files belong together.

By default, the archive name will be ignored. In BaseX, it’s possible
to have several documents with the same name (this provides better
performance if document paths are irrelevant), and db:list-details
simply returns all document names in the order in which the documents
were added.

Hope this helps,