Hello,

I asked this question in StackOverflow concerning some performance problems I
experienced when inserting nodes into a BaseX database:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51595210/basex-inserting-nodes-performance-problems

I already made some progress, especially when it comes to querying all data I
need for the updates. I work a lot with the indexes now.

But I still have problems with inserting - and also deleting - nodes. It
doesn't matter if I insert/delete nodes via a Java program or in the editor of
the BaseX GUI: Both is quite slow. Inserting just one node in the GUI with an
XQuery like this one takes up to 3 seconds:

Lastname</author></related_record> into db:open-id('Database_Name', 7947561)

Deleting a node with the following command takes up to 7 seconds:
delete node db:open-id('Database_Name', 88085737)

The problem is that in my case, I have to do about 150000 inserts and deletes,
so it would take too much time.

Maybe my database is just too big to be performant? Or some settings are wrong?
I'm very new to BaseX (and XML databases in general) so maybe there are just
some errors I don't see. I also give you some information on my database that I
copied from the info screen of the BaseX GUI:

Database Properties
 NAME: Database_Name
 SIZE: 2568 MB
 NODES: 135607105
 DOCUMENTS: 1
 BINARIES: 0
 TIMESTAMP: 2018-08-07T07:05:56.000Z
 UPTODATE: true

Resource Properties
 INPUTPATH: /path/to/file.xml
 INPUTSIZE: 1774 MB
 INPUTDATE: 2018-07-24T14:32:58.000Z

 TEXTINDEX: true
 ATTRINDEX: true
 TOKENINDEX: false
 FTINDEX: false
 TEXTINCLUDE:
 ATTRINCLUDE:
 TOKENINCLUDE:
 FTINCLUDE:
 LANGUAGE: English
 STEMMING: false
 CASESENS: false
 DIACRITICS: false
 STOPWORDS:
 UPDINDEX: true
 AUTOOPTIMIZE: false
 MAXCATS: 100
 MAXLEN: 96
 SPLITSIZE: 0

Best regards,
Michael

Beachten Sie, dass Sie uns ab sofort unter einer geänderten Rufnummer
erreichen. Bitte speichern Sie gleich Ihren Kontakt zur AK Wien ein unter 501
65 1, gefolgt von der gewohnten Durchwahl.
Dieses Mail ist ausschließlich für die Verwendung durch die/den darin genannten
AdressatInnen bestimmt und kann vertrauliche bzw rechtlich geschützte
Informationen enthalten, deren Verwendung ohne Genehmigung durch den/ die
AbsenderIn rechtswidrig sein kann. Falls Sie dieses Mail irrtümlich erhalten
haben, informieren Sie uns bitte und löschen Sie die Nachricht. UID: ATU
16209706 I https://wien.arbeiterkammer.at/Datenschutz_(DSGVO).html