Hi Christian,

Thanks for your response. Understood with regard to Jing. The plugin I linked
also uses Jing. I'm just not clear which version. I believe the source for at
least the dita-ng.jar is linked from the repository [1].

 With regard to the questions asked in this post, after investigation, I
believe I have a better understanding of the problem I'm trying to solve.
Importing Relzx NG XML into the database was not the problem. The problem
exists between the database and the application layer that interfaces with it.
I opened a feature request that summarizes it [2].

Thanks,
Jason

[1] https://github.com/georgebina/dita-ng
[2] https://github.com/BaseXdb/basex/issues/1624