Hi George,

I’m glad to hear you found a solution.

> only doc() function will look at the correct base-uri directory,
> while the import module statements, will try to import files from the
> parent of the base directory.

Are you sure about that? If you run the following query (after
updating the base uri to your local environment)…

  declare base-uri 'file:///c:/users/user/desktop/';
  import module namespace a = 'a' at 'a.xqm';
  doc('x.xml')

…both the a.xqm module and the x.xml document will be looked up in the
specified directory. If you remove the trailing slash from the URI,
the files will be looked up in the parent directory (in accordance
with the official specs).

> Maybe a Java example showing the correct usage of the base-uri, or a
> wiki page will help others in the future.

Feel free to provide us with such an example, we’ll be happy to
include it in our collection of Java examples.

Best,