> serialize(<Basex Database Name>/<folder name>/<xml file name>.xml ,
> map {
>     'method' : 'xml'
>      'xml' : map { 'doctype-system' : '<!DOCTYPE testSuiteConfig SYSTEM
> "../../../configs/TestConfig_2_1.dtd">',  'omit-xml-declaration' : 'no' }
>     }
> )

There are various ways to specify the serialization parameters. If you
assign options in the query prolog, there is no need to call
serialize:

declare namespace output = 'http://www.w3.org/2010/xslt-xquery-serialization';
declare option output:omit-xml-declaration 'no';
declare option output:doctype-system '../../../configs/TestConfig_2_1.dtd';
db:open('db', 'path/to/file.xml')

If you invoke serialize, a valid item must be supplied as first
argument for serialize. This can e.g look as follows:

  serialize(db:open('db', 'path/to/file.xml'), map { ... })