Dear BaseX,

according to github instructions I’m sending a bug report via email:

Using BaseX 9.5.1, cmd-line “basex.bat -i datafile.xml queryfile.xq” leads to
no result at all. I’m convinced there should be result equivalent to the one of
the online xquery tester (https://www.videlibri.de/cgi-bin/xidelcgi)

For a modified query using string comparison based on fn:path(), BaseX gives
the expected result.

%%% query begin %%%

let $rootElement := /child::*

for $x in //Section[parent::* != $rootElement]

return fn:path($x)

%%% query end %%%

%%% data begin %%%

<root>

                <Section id="should not be reported 1" />

                <Section id="should not be reported 2">

                                <Section id="should be reported 1"/>

                                <a>

                                                <Section id="should be reported
2"/>

                                </a>

                </Section>

                <a>

                                <Section id="should be reported 3"/>

                </a>

</root>

%%% data end %%%

%%% modified query begin %%%

let $rootElementPath := fn:path(/child::*)

for $x in //Section[fn:path(parent::*) != $rootElementPath]

return fn:path($x)

%%% query end %%%

Kind regards

Jan Červák