Patrick -
Glad that helped. I find myself working with Unix-like OS most of the time,
and I'm very accustomed to the XWindows "use the middle mouse button to
copy highlighted selection" behavior. I've noticed that some applications
don't support this behavior - BaseX GUI is one of them - and I think the
commonality is Java... Swing (? at least as I type this I think that Swing
is the commonality).

Best,
Bridger
PS Does MS Windows support this kind of thing? I'm not sure - I don't have
a Windows machine handy....