I feel like I should know how to do this (and possibly I’ve previously been
told how and have forgotten), but I’m at a loss.

I am implementing a process that gathers nodes from a single document (a DITA
map) and constructs a system of maps where I’m using the maps primarily to
represent a tree and enable lookup of things by key.

However, the order of the elements that make up these maps is also important
(DITA’s rules for how you build DITA key spaces from maps depends entirely on
document order).

For example, I have a map that maps “key names” to the elements that declare
those key names, i.e.:

map { “key-01” : (<topicref keys=”key-01” href=”foo.dita”/>, <topicref
keys=”key-01” href=”bar.dita”/>) }

This is the initial state of the map (reflecting pass 1 over the DITA map
document) but then I need to add additional elements to the sequence that is
the value of entry “key-01” and I need the resulting sequence to be in document
order.

So my question: given two sequences of nodes from the same document, how does
one construct a new sequence where the nodes are in document order?

Thanks,

Eliot
Eliot Kimber
Sr Staff Content Engineer