Am 04.07.2022 um 17:11 schrieb Eliot Kimber:

I feel like I should know how to do this (and possibly I’ve previously
been told how and have forgotten), but I’m at a loss.

I am implementing a process that gathers nodes from a single document
(a DITA map) and constructs a system of maps where I’m using the maps
primarily to represent a tree and enable lookup of things by key.

However, the order of the elements that make up these maps is also
important (DITA’s rules for how you build DITA key spaces from maps
depends entirely on document order).

For example, I have a map that maps “key names” to the elements that
declare those key names, i.e.:

map { “key-01” : (<topicref keys=”key-01” href=”foo.dita”/>, <topicref
keys=”key-01” href=”bar.dita”/>) }

This is the initial state of the map (reflecting pass 1 over the DITA
map document) but then I need to add additional elements to the
sequence that is the value of entry “key-01” and I need the resulting
sequence to be in document order.

So my question: given two sequences of nodes from the same document,
how does one construct a new sequence where the nodes are in document
order?

$seq1 | $seq2 should do, if you want duplicates eliminated.