I tried searching for “BaseX Excel generation” but it didn’t get me farther
than a reference to the CSV module, which of course I am familiar with.

I need to add the ability to generate non-trivial Excel spreadsheets, which I
know how to do using the Apache POI library, but being lazy I was hoping
somebody had already done it in a shareable form.

So my question: Does anyone have or know of a shareable integration of Apache
POI with BaseX for generating Excel spreadsheets or some other Excel-generation
solution that is not just downloading CSV files?

Thanks,

E.
Eliot Kimber
Sr Staff Content Engineer