Tim,

Thanks for the pointer—that’s not quite what I was looking for.

What I have in mind is adding functions that let you read and write Excel
spreadsheets using the POI API, which is much easier to use than interacting
directly with the OOXML under the covers (Excel uses a lot of indirection and
data normalization to minimize file size that makes operating on the raw XML
really challenging).

I fully understand that Christian’s team have done this kind of work for hire
and are not keen (or even contractually allowed) to give it away. It’s valuable
stuff.

But I had to ask…

Cheers,

E.