Hi Andy,

Thanks for the raised finger. Indeed it’s the specification of XQuery 4
that takes much more time than anticipated. The process is highly dynamic,
with confirmed features being revised again. Some weeks ago, we have
stopped updating the old documentation, and we are working on a new one
(completely based on XQuery, with the contents and history stored in
databases). It will replace the old one and will be version-based, i.e.,
we’ll freeze the documentation of BaseX 11 (12, etc.) once it’s released
and maintain the documentation for the upcoming version in parallel.

As BaseX 11 won’t be finalized until end of this month as originally
planned, here’s a link to the new documentation, which we’re regularly
updating:

https://help.basex.org/

The contents will stay, but the rendering is still work in progress. We’ve
converted the contents to a mixture of XML and contemporary Markdown
syntax;.editing works similar as before. I invite you (and everyone else)
to ask for an account to be able to help us keeping the contents up-to-date
and bug free.

We know ithe current state is a bit unfortunate. For those who are looking
for a reliable version of the BaseX 10 documentation, we point to the
archived PDF version:

https://docs.basex.org/wiki/Documentation

Hope this helps,
Christian