You answered the key question - how to suppress mutation events and other such
things.  We load SVG, manipulate it, then render it.  We wanted to avoid any
extraneous processing relative to events, and from your post, it seems that it
would happen "auto-magically" for us when using the transcoders.

Many thanks, and happy new year!

- Rick