From: Thomas DeWeese [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2005 6:01 AM
To: batik-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Whitespace Handling in Batik vs ASV

Hi Rick,

    You might want to check out current CVS Batik.  I just delivered
an updated version that has "improved" whitespace handling.  I still
don't think the specification is at all clear on what the proper
behavior is, but in your simple case the new behavior should be what
you want.

    I mostly did this because there were places where the old
code would behave in violation of what the SVG specification does
specify, and the new version is _much_ cleaner and easier to follow
(IMHO).  Also it should be easier to bring into conformance with
whatever the SVG-WG decides on.