Dao Hodac:
> interesting, I never think filter oriented... but if I want to highlight a
> filled shape, the yellow never appears, isn't it?

If it’s a rectangle, yes, unless you set the filter region to extend
beyond the shape’s bounding box.  However, when
filterUnits="objectBoundingBox" (the default), you can only use
percentages of the bounding box width/height, so it’s not possible to
set a fixed number of units units worth of padding, for example.

If you used filterUnits="userSpaceOnUse" you could specify some user
units for the filter region, but then you need to know the size of the
shape you are applying the filter to.

The filter primitive margin attributes from the SVG 1.2 Filters spec
would let you keep objectBoundingBox mode while giving some user unit
values to inflate the filter region rectangle by:

  http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGFilter12/#FilterElementFilterMarginUnitsAttribute

That is not yet implemented in Batik, though.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/