>>>>> On 28 Aug 1994, Robert Nicholson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

  robert> How do you control the default fields?  ie. I want to add a Fax
  robert> field to the template.

For this, I suggest simply treating fax numbers as telephone numbers, and
giving them a location of "fax".  Then your entries will look like

Michael Hucka - University of Michigan AI Lab
           home: (313) 555-1234
         office: (313) 555-1234
            fax: (313) 555-1234
           home: 1234 My Lane
                 Ann Arbor, MI  48105
         office: Advanced Technologies Laboratory
                 ..... etc. ....

  robert> How do I set things up so that I can _selectively_ add entries from
  robert> GNUS? ie. not necessarily based on any pattern.. but just solely
  robert> through my action.

One way: add `bbdb-insinuate-gnus' to `gnus-startup-hook' as normal, but set
`bbdb/news-auto-create-p' to nil.  Then when you want to add a particular
poster's entry, deliberately type ":" in the GNUS *Summary* window, which
will offer to create an entry if it doesn't exist already.

  robert> How do I turn off validation of zip codes? I want to use UK
  robert> postcodes.

I'll leave that to someone else.

Mike

Reply via email to