On Mon Nov 21 2011 Christian Egli wrote:
> Where would I find the source of the manual, i.e. the texinfo file? The
> git repo doesn't seem to contain the manual. The best I was able to find
> was at sourceforge
> (http://bbdb.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/bbdb/bbdb/texinfo/bbdb.texinfo?revision=1.59)
> although I'm not sure how up-to-date this is.

The git repo on savannah only contains those pieces of the BBDB code
that have already been updated. No work has been done up to now on
the texinfo manual. So what you found in BBDB's old repository on
sourceforge is very outdated. But currently there is nothing else.

  Barak, do I remember right that you also installed the old BBDB
  code form sourceforge as a branch of the git repo on savannah?
  My knowledge about git is still somewhat limited. How can this old
  code be accessed on savannah?

Part of the problem is also copyright-related. The goal is to make
BBDB part of GNU Emacs, which requires that the copyright for all
its code (from all contributors) gets assigned to the FSF. The older
the code, the more difficult to find the authors and contributors.
The more BBDB gets rewritten, the less this is a problem.

So I also want to say: I appreciate help from everybody. But I'll
request that the copyright gets assigned to the FSF before someone's
contributions become part of BBDB v3. (It will be difficult enough
to resolve these copyright issues for the old pieces of BBDB that
have remained in the current code.)