Steven Arntson <ste...@stevenarntson.com> writes:

> My previous issues with BBDB suddenly not working are resolved, thanks
> to this list! And I'm now persevering into the world of linking my BBDB
> anniversaries fields with my org-agenda.
>
> I've got a diary.org file set up, which I added to my agenda files. I
> added the following lines to diary.org:
>
> * Anniversaries
>
> #+CATEGORY: Anniv
> %%(org-bbdb-anniversaries)
>
> However, when I try to bring up my org-agenda now (M-x org-agenda a), the
> message I receive is:
>
> Bad sexp at line 13 in /home/steven/diary.org: (org-bbdb-anniversaries)
>
> Line #13 is the final line in the excerpt above. Does anyone know why
> I'm getting this error?
>
> Thank you!
> Steven Arntson

There might be more than one way to address this, but what I do is give
my BBDB contacts an "anniversary" field, like:

        anniversary: 1948-03-08 birthday

Then in my Org setup:

(setq org-agenda-include-diary t)

And in my BBDB setup:

(require 'bbdb-anniv)
(add-hook 'diary-list-entries-hook 'bbdb-anniv-diary-entries)

Am I missing anything? I think that's all the relevant stuff. I like
this because the anniversaries are on the contacts themselves, where (I
feel) they belong, and I don't need a diary.org file. They just show up
in the agenda where they're supposed to.

Hope that works!
Eric