Steven Arntson <ste...@stevenarntson.com> writes:

> My previous issues with BBDB suddenly not working are resolved, thanks
> to this list! And I'm now persevering into the world of linking my BBDB
> anniversaries fields with my org-agenda.
>
> I've got a diary.org file set up, which I added to my agenda files. I
> added the following lines to diary.org:
>
> * Anniversaries
> #+CATEGORY: Anniv
> %%(org-bbdb-anniversaries)
>
> However, when I try to bring up my org-agenda now (M-x org-agenda a), the
> message I receive is:
>
> Bad sexp at line 13 in /home/steven/diary.org: (org-bbdb-anniversaries)
>
> Line #13 is the final line in the excerpt above. Does anyone know why
> I'm getting this error?

Ok - here's an even wilder guess than last time!

I read this in org-bbdb.el

,----
| ;; It also implements an interface (based on Ivar Rummelhoff's
| ;; bbdb-anniv.el) for those org-mode users, who do not use the diary
| ;; but who do want to include the anniversaries stored in the BBDB
| ;; into the org-agenda.  If you already include the `diary' into the
| ;; agenda, you might want to prefer to include the anniversaries in
| ;; the diary using bbdb-anniv.el.
`----

ie there are two possible ways of doing this depending on whether you use the
emacs
diary/calendar system or not.

And I noticed that in the slice of your config you posted in your last
query that you have a call to bbdb-anniv.

And I wonder if the two ways clash if you use 'em together! Haven't got
time or talent to probe this properly.

You could try commenting out the bbdb-anniv stuff and see that works.

You could try commenting out  %%(org-bbdb-anniversaries) and see if that
works.  I'm betting it will :-)

atb

Glyn