On 4/17/10 at 3:04 PM, [email protected] (offtone) wrote:
I am really very surprised that in order for me to see both my
directory tree and my open documents, I need to create a project.
Projects are not a metaphor that I can apply to every task I have, but
every task I have would benefit from having both a tree view of my
disks and the documents drawer accessible at all times.
The BBEdit 9.3 change notes say this:
+ BBEdit offers a new behavior: when you ask it to open a folder,
rather than creating a disk browser (which allows only one
document open at a time), you can ask it to create a temporary
project. This provides the multi-document behavior of projects,
without requiring you to manage and save a project document
anywhere.
Note the limitation that the project is rooted at the
folder you
drop on the application; there's no "Go To..." for navigating
outside of that folder, nor can you double-click on a
folder to
"drill down" into it. Nonetheless, for some purposes, the
multi-document behavior may outweigh these considerations.
From your description, I don't understand how this differs from
the behavior you're looking for (and in fact, the addition was
made to serve just the sort of need that you've expressed). Can
you perhaps elaborate?
Thanks,
R.
--
Rich Siegel Bare Bones Software, Inc.
<[email protected]> <http://www.barebones.com/>
Someday I'll look back on all this and laugh... until they
sedate me.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the
"BBEdit Talk" discussion group on Google Groups.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/bbedit?hl=en
If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem,
please email "[email protected]" rather than posting to the group.