Barry Parr <[email protected]> sez:

>I'm using BBedit on several different systems and I'd like my changes
>to my Preferences and Clippings to follow me.  I'm already using
>Dropbox.
>
>Is it possible to store my preferences, clippings, or any other shared
>setup information in dropbox, rather than my Mac's library folder?


Yes; you can move BBEdit's app support folder:

~/Library/Application Support/BBEdit/

(or subfolders thereof) elsewhere on your machine's hard drive, e.g. into
your Dropbox folder, and place an alias to it in the default location.


(Although you could also relocate & share the prefs file, I recommend
against this since your prefs contain not only option settings but info
specific to the current machine such as window sizes, file & folder
locations, etc., which may not be valid elsewhere.)


Regards,

 Patrick Woolsey
==
Bare Bones Software, Inc.                        <http://www.barebones.com>
P.O. Box 1048, Bedford, MA 01730-1048

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the 
"BBEdit Talk" discussion group on Google Groups.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/bbedit?hl=en
If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem, 
please email "[email protected]" rather than posting to the group.

Reply via email to