I've been using BBEdit forever. Love it, always have. But I just took
a look at the latest version (9.5) and it *still* doesn't appear to be
able to edit CSS from within a 'style' attribute inside your HTML, at
least not without forcing you to invent a selector name, which is
completely out of context (that's only appropriate for a linked CSS
file) and has to be deleted in order for the code to work. In other
words, if I want to add a new CSS attribute to this:

<div style="float: left;">

I basically just have to type it by hand, because even though BBEdit
has a robust knowledge of CSS, it will not let me bring up, say, the
"Box..." palette and add a width attribute to this DIV's style tag.
Those options are only available if you make up a class name, and when
you do that and hit OK, it drops in a CSS-file-style configuration,
like this:

<div style="float: left;asdf
{
        width: 123px;
}
">

Is there something I'm missing? How can this industry-leading editor
not know that the above formatting does not belong here? How can there
not be a UI-based method for me to add/edit 'style' attributes?

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the 
"BBEdit Talk" discussion group on Google Groups.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/bbedit?hl=en
If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem, 
please email "[email protected]" rather than posting to the group.

Reply via email to