My favorite BBEdit feature is the ability to access documents on FTP
servers in the File menu.  But syntax checking is broken for perl
scripts if they have 'use' directives other scripts on the server.  It
quits with "Can't find in INC...".

I believe the reason is that BBEdit makes a local copy of the file in
a temporary directory.  If I start to open the 'used' files from the
server also, then the error changes to "Can't find" a different file,
and often I end up needing a perl file which I don't have access to
because I use a shared web host.  Opening 25 files to do a syntax
check wouldn't be any fun anyhow.

Is there any way to tell BBEdit's perl syntax checker to ignore 'use'
directives or something?  I tried the #bbpragma but that seems to be
only for HTML.

Thank you,

Jerry Krinock