Hi All

I am trying to modify a bunch of templates at once.
I need to do a grep search/replace:
find:
   one string literal.. followed by any number of any chars...
followed by another string literal
replace:
   (null) (I'll build the replace later, once I have the search
pattern right)

I thought it was simple.

My first string is:
"<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//
EN"><html><head>"

My second string is:
"[include file=/inc/ltnavbar.inc]
 </td>"

(BBedit 9.5.1, grep on)
I tried a few patterns which did not find anything.. and then I tried
this:

search:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4\.01 Transitional//
EN"><html><head>(\s|\S)*?\[include file=/inc/ltnavbar\.inc]\r </td>

..and only get this:
error code 12246 (out of stack space)

There is only 50 short lines of code in between the 2 strings, and
half of those are just whitespace... so I assume I am not asking too
much with that search pattern?

Can someone (more familiar with grep) shed light on this for me?

Thanks!
-Govinda

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the 
"BBEdit Talk" discussion group on Google Groups.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
<http://groups.google.com/group/bbedit?hl=en>
If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem, 
please email "[email protected]" rather than posting to the group.
Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <http://www.twitter.com/bbedit>

Reply via email to