> From: froddd <[email protected]>
> Reply-To: <[email protected]>
> Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 02:55:50 -0700 (PDT)
> To: BBEdit Talk <[email protected]>
> Subject: tabs and spaces options nightmare!
> 
> Hi all,
> 
> Since I started using BBEdit there's one thing I've never been able to
> set right... It's one of these little annoyances that makes you switch
> to another editor for a bit, before returning to BBEdit (cos it's
> still better!) and then being annoyed again :(
> 
> Here's my problem: in most, if not all, editors I've used besides
> BBEdit, pressing the tab key creates a tab, as it should. But then
> pressing backspace deletes one space at a time, rather than the whole
> tab... Driving me mad!
> 
> I'm sure it must be some option being badly set, but no matter what I
> set 'auto-indent tabs' to, and all other indentation/tab settings, it
> doesn't work. I've also tried reopening documents after saving the
> settings in the hope it would apply them more forcefully but no luck.
> 
> Am I missing something? :-P Any help greatly appreciated!

Do you have Auto-expand tabs checked in your prefs?
If you turn on invisibles do you get the tab character - a triangle?

Preferences --> Editor Defaults

Dennis Cox

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the 
"BBEdit Talk" discussion group on Google Groups.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
<http://groups.google.com/group/bbedit?hl=en>
If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem, 
please email "[email protected]" rather than posting to the group.
Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <http://www.twitter.com/bbedit>

Reply via email to