On 2010-10-09, Dave wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something, but I have never understood the
usefulness of the "Only in new" and "Only in old" lists. When I first
started using this feature I assumed there would be some way to copy
these files into the same relative path in the folder where they
didn't exist, but if there is I still haven't figured it out,
I too would like to see commands such as "Copy to New" or "Copy
to Old".
I have found that I can select one or more files in the "Only in
New/Old" list and drag them into the Finder folder I want them
in; not always convenient due to the way I have the Find Diffs
windows fill my monitor, but it does put copies where I drag them.
I'm cc:ing this to BB support, with your complete message quoted below.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I have never understood the
usefulness of the "Only in new" and "Only in old" lists. When I first
started using this feature I assumed there would be some way to copy
these files into the same relative path in the folder where they
didn't exist, but if there is I still haven't figured it out, and the
documentations doesn't say anything about it. There doesn't even seem
to be any way of getting information about the locations of these
files without opening them, and the only way to copy them into the
other folder is by using "Save As..." or "Save a Copy..." for each
file, which is not only tedious, but it doesn't preserve the creation/
modification dates of the original files. So far about the only use
I've been able to make of these lists is to open the files, click the
"Reveal in Finder" icon on each one, then open another Finder window,
navigate to the other folder, then copy the selected file.
Am I just expecting too much of BBEdit by expecting it to be more
helpful in this process, or is there a feature that I'm overlooking?
- Bruce
_bruce__van_allen__santa_cruz_ca_
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the
"BBEdit Talk" discussion group on Google Groups.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
<http://groups.google.com/group/bbedit?hl=en>
If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem,
please email "[email protected]" rather than posting to the group.
Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <http://www.twitter.com/bbedit>