Oh, please, please tell me I'm not over my head with this.

I'm employed at a company where I have to spent all day, every day,
programming inside a web form. Mostly it's perl, but it gets typed
into a web page field. When I'm ready to test, I click a button on
that page to process the perl and see the output. I've checked, and
this seems to be my only option.

What I'd like to do is write my code in BB Edit, then automatically
send what's in my editor window to the appropriate textarea in the
window. It'll be open in Safari, and I can get the name of the
destination textarea. The button I click to start the preview process
is rigged to a javascript. Any way I can also get the button to click,
or somehow otherwise trip the javascript to start after it's received
my textual goodness from BBEdit?

Since this involved so many applications, maybe I need to write an
applescript (?) that says "Get the BBEdit Code, place it in the
textarea called 'foo', then trigger the javascript called 'Go' ". But
I'm not sure if Applescript has that fine control. And I'd of course
like to keep BBedit in control for some reason.

I feel like this should be possible. I already can get my text out of
BBEdit to the terminal, but to a specific form element on a page…
that's tricky.

Merci mille fois in advance.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the 
"BBEdit Talk" discussion group on Google Groups.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
<http://groups.google.com/group/bbedit?hl=en>
If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem, 
please email "[email protected]" rather than posting to the group.
Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <http://www.twitter.com/bbedit>

Reply via email to