On 2010-12-21, Matt Martini wrote:

On 2010-12-21, David Eves wrote:

I'm looking for a way to have the Unix Script Output Window do two things:

I have looked through the BBEdit User Manual and do not see this
mentioned under Scratchpad or Unix Scripting.
Hold down the Option key and select the Run... command from the #! menu. The options for "Output to:" and "Output

a) always open in a new window
  Output to:
 √ New Window

b) behave like the Scratchpad when modified, that is, never prompt to
save when closing the window or quitting BBEdit.
  Output Options:
 √ Save After Writing

This doesn't do what was intended (or at least what I want to see), I want the Unix Script Output Window to always start out blank. With your
method above the output of commands would be saved (appended) for
every command.  Not ideal.  I want a blank slate every time.

Did you look at the Options dialogue? There is also a choice for "Clear Before Writing".

   - Bruce

_bruce__van_allen__santa_cruz_ca_