On Sunday, January 30, 2011, Lawrence San <[email protected]> wrote:

I seem to recall that in the readme for a recent BBEdit update, it was
mentioned that support for client-side image maps had been removed. I
took this to mean only that BBEdit (for some reason unknown to me) no
longer offers the construction as part of its markup collection.

Your interpretation is correct -- only the command on the menu (and the machinery behind it) was removed.

Anyway, I created the image-map code manually. The page (on my
development server; not public yet) works fine in every browser I've
tested it in, and when using a 4.01 Transitional DTD, BBEdit's
built-in code checker says the page is error-free. But if I try to use
a 4.01 Strict DTD, then BBEdit's code checker says it's an error. If I
put the map code in the head, it says you're not allowed to put it
there; and if I put the map code in the body, it says you're not
allowed to put it there either.

Did you cross-check this with the W3C checker at <http://validator.w3.org/>? Select the "Validate by Direct Input" tab, paste your *entire* document in, and hit the "Check" button. If it passes, there's probably a bug in our checker (and if so please send a zipped copy of the document to Support so that we can investigate). If it reports similar errors, then you have your answer.

R.
--
Rich Siegel                                 Bare Bones Software, Inc.
<[email protected]>                      <http://www.barebones.com/>

Someday I'll look back on all this and laugh... until they sedate me.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the "BBEdit Talk" discussion group on Google Groups.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
<http://groups.google.com/group/bbedit?hl=en>
If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem, please email "[email protected]" rather than posting to the group.
Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <http://www.twitter.com/bbedit>

Reply via email to