On Feb 8, 2011, at 5:56 AM, John Delacour wrote:

> At 21:09 -0800 07/02/2011, Patrick Teng wrote:
> 
> 
>> I was wondering where is the location of the scratchpad file, and if I
>> can change the location of that file. I would like to store the
>> scratchpad file in my Dropbox folder so that I can access it anywhere.
> 
> It is in ~/Library/Application Support/BBEdit/ but if you put it somewhere 
> else and replace it with an alias file you will get the raw binary content of 
> the alias file when you show it, so there's one option to forget about.

Interesting. But you could symlink or alias *to* it from anywhere with no 
problems, I suppose.

One issue: the Scratchpad appears to force the use of \r instead of \n as the 
line termination character. That is, even if you edit the file externally and 
change them all to \n, the next time the scratchpad is shown, they all have 
been changed back to \r. Is there some way to tell BBEDit to use \n everywhere 
by default, or at least in the Scratchpad? I do have the Translate line breaks 
option set, and by Default line break is set to Unix (LF). But that doesn't 
seem to apply to the Scratchpad. It wouldn't matter on importing from the 
Scratchpad, but if another program read it, then it would.

Greg Shenaut

> JD
> 
> -- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "BBEdit Talk" 
> discussion group on Google Groups.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]
> For more options, visit this group at
> <http://groups.google.com/group/bbedit?hl=en>
> If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem, please email 
> "[email protected]" rather than posting to the group.
> Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <http://www.twitter.com/bbedit>

Attachment: smime.p7s
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature

Reply via email to