I haven't seen that problem, but have you tried changing your
filter(s) to use the new(ish) "file name extension" option? I
discovered (by providence) that my code filter (search only .cpp or .h
files) was using the old "ends with" option. It was working fine, but
even so, I changed them over to the 'file name extension' form.

I see in BBEdit 9.6, this option was called "file name suffix" --
something I had completely overlooked! I expect the new terminology in
BBEdit 10 is just a change in nomenclature, but maybe there are some
under the hood changes. Does a new filter, created from scratch, fail
in the same way?