At 07:08 -0500 8/18/11, Christopher Stone wrote:
>On Aug 18, 2011, at 03:23, Mark wrote:
>> Does anybody know if there's a way to enter today's date via search and
>> replace? I have files with strings like this
>> <imported>2009-02-12</imported> and I'm processing them with a text factory

Personally, I always have a BBEdit worksheet open.  It's likely that I executed
a  bbedit tool command to open the file I'm working on anyway.

In that worksheet there is a line like this

date | pbcopy

All I have to do is select the line and push the ENTER key.  Today's date and
time are placed on the clipboard and I can paste them anywhere I want in the
document I'm editing.

You can also specify the format of the string returned by the date tool;  man
date at the bottom of the worksheet  for all of that.

--
--> If the US citizens between 18 and 21 would exercise their right to vote we
wouldn't have a 21 year  drinking age. <--