I installed Mountain Lion yesterday, probably the worst decision I ever made! Some of Apple’s own main apps now seem to be buggier than they were 5 years ago with no useful new features.

None of my UNIX filters in BBEdit are now working.

For example this script

#!/usr/bin/perl
while (<>) {
print "* $_"
}

should put an asterisk at the beginning of each line in the front document but nothing happens at all with this script or any other.

Mountain Lion has caused me so much trouble that I’m now exhausted, so perhaps I’m missing something obvious.

Any help out there?

JD