On 05/10/2012 21:54, Doug McNutt wrote:
At 20:43 +0100 10/5/12, John Delacour wrote:
None of my UNIX filters in BBEdit are now working.

For example this script

#!/usr/bin/perl
while (<>) {
print "* $_"
}

should put an asterisk at the beginning of each line in the front document but
nothing happens at all with this script or any other.
You might need a semicolon after the print, But it is the last line between {}s
so whonoze?
I said _none_ of the UNIX scripts were working, not that I doubted my ability to write a simple Perl script! In fact a semi-colon in this position is redundant, though I could add ;;; without breaking it.

I have discovered the reason, and that is that BB have rearranged the files in the Application Support folder. The UNIX filters and scripts should have been moved to ../BBEdit/Text Filters/ but they have been moved to ../BBEdit/Scripts/Text Filters/, and that's why they weren’t working. I found this out by RTFM p.34.

JD