I will probably corrected if I am in error, but the Open/Save portions of
BBEdit are dependent on the Mac OS. Ever since I've been using Mountain Lion,
my Open/Saving has been just too strange. If I open a file from some
subdirectory and try to Save As, there is now telling what directory will open
up. Not the directory I had just opened. Not even the same that another program
just used.

It certainly would be convenient to at least have an idea behind the OS's
Open/Save scheme.

Bucky