On 19/8/13 at 01:22, lawrence...@gmail.com (Lawrence San) wrote:

I tried to make the process more efficient by simply adding "paste"
like this:

set live search bar visible to true
paste

...but it didn't work; I still need to command-v. Why is that?

I tried that too, and you’d think it _should_ work, because the focus is in the search field and the selection is grayed out, but in fact ‘paste’ simply pastes instead into the selection in the document. This means that ‘selection’ and ‘paste’ in the Apple event context ignore the search field and consider only the text of the document itself. Something of an anomaly, I’d say. Moreover if you select the text in the search field and ‘tell app “BBEdit” to get the selection’, you get an error, whether or not text is selected in the document.

[ Bcc to supp...@barebones.com ]

JD

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem, please email