What I mean is that if your pages are generated by WordPress (for example),
then it's marginally easier to insert all the special AMP coding. When the
pages are generated programmatically, then each page should be pretty much
the same for any given template, so you can sample-validate a few pages,
and know that the rest of the pages should validate as well. There is no
way I am going to go through the external validation process required for
manually-constructed AMP pages ... especially when one click within BBEdit
checks my entire site.

Glad you're having a good experience with AMP. I've taken a couple runs at
it without success. I serve AMP versions on my WordPress sites, but even
though the Google plug-in generates non-valid AMP code, and the AMP pages
themselves don't have the navigation and other page elements I like to have.