It's hard to be too specific without more information about what you use a
code editor for, but here are a few things that stand out for me (I do
primarily back-end web programming and CSS, manage large data sets, and
work with huge log files):

1) Fast and helpful support directly from Bare Bones (when you email
supp...@barebones.com). This may seem like a throwaway feature. Many people
here can explain better than I can the importance of getting a question
answered (or a feature added, or whatever) when your livelihood depends on
your editor. It's almost ridiculous how good their support is.

2) Everything under the Text menu -- especially the things that have
"Process" in their names.

3) Live preview (with an inspector) for HTML, and for Markdown.

4) Built-in S/FTP support, when I need to code like a cowgirl (live on the
production server -- living on the edge...rarely a good idea, but sometimes
necessary).

5) Not having to add third-party modules to do fundamental editing tasks.

6) Opening and grep-search-and-replacing 700MB documents in seconds.

7) Auto-restore state (including open files, even the ones on remote
servers) if your Mac crashes or you need to update BBEdit or something.

That's my list, at least.

--Kerri

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 11:51 AM, Madelyn Bingham <madelyn.bing...@gmail.com