On 2/14/18 at 9:14 PM, dmark...@mac.com (Dmitry Markman) wrote:

finally BBEdit is 64 bit application I was able to test scripting with
java script

and I found few problems

the most important problem that I can’t get value of any of BBEdit
environment variable:

Those environment variables are set as a convenience for #! Unix scripts which have no other way to access certain things in BBEdit.

Since there are other ways to get that information from AppleScript (and presumably JXA), BBEdit will not set the Unix environment variables when running an AppleScript from the Scripts menu.

There is, however, a very deep object model available, which your JXA scripts ought to be able to use.

R.
--
Rich Siegel                                 Bare Bones Software, Inc.
<sie...@barebones.com>                      <http://www.barebones.com/>

Someday I'll look back on all this and laugh... until they sedate me.

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem, please email