On 3/9/18 at 6:31 PM, bria...@gmail.com (Brian Christiansen) wrote:

I'd love to be able to summon the Edit Markup popover in any file where HTML might possibly be a valid input.

Unlike the explicit tag commands, "Edit Markup" depends on the file consisting of parseable HTML up to the insertion point, so that the markup panel can figure out which elements (or attributes) are available.

(The same is true for elements or attributes offered via the completion interface as you type.)

I am not sure what the implications are of abandoning this restriction in cases where the file is unparseable, but if you write to Tech Support we'll have a case number and be able to track it.

R.
--
Rich Siegel                                 Bare Bones Software, Inc.
<sie...@barebones.com>                      <http://www.barebones.com/>

Someday I'll look back on all this and laugh... until they sedate me.

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem, please email