Assuming you have installed the command line tools (BBEdit -> Install Command
Line Tools...), wouldn't this do what you want:

        $ bbedit sftp://u...@host.domain.com//home/user/file.txt

?

If you have SSH keys setup on both machines you can leave "user@" off

        $ bbedit sftp://host.domain.com//home/user/file.txt

Though the man page doesn't say so, the double slashes between host and path
appear to be required.  Doesn't work for me without them.

> On Aug 16, 2018, at 12:13 PM, bfu <matt.yu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Is the red.sh script by Adam Jarret still the best way to integrate BBEdit
> into an SSH session?
>
> https://github.com/adamjarret/red.sh
>
> Still looking for a server-side way to call on BBEdit as my shell editor on
> my MacBook.  Something like
>
> $bbedit thisFile.txt
>
> and have it pop up in my macOS GUI, and when I save, it goes right to the
> server.
>
> --
> This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a
> feature request or would like to report a problem, please email
> "supp...@barebones.com" rather than posting to the group.
> Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <http://www.twitter.com/bbedit
> <http://www.twitter.com/bbedit>>
> ---