I use BBEdit as my general purpose clipboard and I've amassed over a
thousand unsaved documents, which I still will refer back to even years
after they were created.  Every time BBEdit restarts those unsaved files
are still there.  They never go away.  I don't close them all because I
want to retain the information within them, but, lately it's become a
problem because at startup BBEdit will load this 1K files, some of which
contain hundreds of MB of data.  This then slows down my computer, slows
down BBEdit, and generally just makes life harder.

What I would like to do, is take all of these unsaved, untitled documents
and save them all out to a folder so that I can just grep through them
without having to use the Find feature in BBEdit - and then close all of
the documents so I don't have to keep reopening all of them.

How can I do this without having to press save on every single file
individually?  I've seen applescripts but they all seem to assume the files
have already been saved once.

Thanks for any advice!

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request
or need technical support, please email "supp...@barebones.com" rather than