I see that option but then I still have to name each file and press save on
each one.  I really just want to save them all with their "untitled text
xxxx" as the filename in one operation and not have to confirm the filename
on each document.  Otherwise this could take several hours.

It's a clipboard, I'll copy a column out of excel, paste it in, run a
regex, and paste it back, several times a day.  Or, I'll take a forum post,
and instead of typing it in on the website (and risk losing it due to an
errant click or back button) I'll write it in BBEdit and paste it in when
I'm done, etc, etc (I am doing this, right now).  Or it could be a
confirmation code someone gave me over the phone, or a password (I know, I
know, I am not as security obsessed as thou).  Especially because I know
BBEdit won't lose any of these snippets, I just go about my life and don't
take the time to sit here and decide, yes, this should be saved and this
shouldn't.  Maybe my life is just too busy, maybe I'm just lazy, maybe a
little bit of both.  But now I'd really just like to be able to start
BBEdit without waiting 20 minutes and I also don't want to lose all of
these snippets, some of them might be important one day.  I'm a digital
hoarder.

--
This is the BBEdit Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request
or need technical support, please email "supp...@barebones.com" rather than